Chevrah Fellowship Expanding
We are grateful for our Chevrah members. The cadre of TMI va’ad facilitators is growing each year and now numbers well over 50. While the growth is exciting, it also creates challenges.
The Chevrah fellowship was formed to help create community among Manchim-trained va’ad facilitators and to lend support as they pursue their own spiritual growth as Mussar practitioners and group leaders. Over the past year, the Chevrah Council assessed the current Chevrah program in order to create a plan for new initiatives. We are excited to update the entire TMI community about the many new Chevrah offerings, and we look forward to introducing new initiatives in the coming year.
- Chevrah HomeSite: The HomeSite can now be reached directly from the TMI homepage (see the Chevrah Home Page link at the bottom right of the TMI page). The HomeSite features a variety of middah-focused materials. We plan to add materials and create an active online forum for discussion.
- Outreach Phone Calls: To foster more personal connection with TMI, we will be making quarterly outreach phone calls to check in with Chevrah members to see how we can assist them.
- Mentoring program for Manchim graduates: We now have a mentoring program for new Manchim graduates. New graduates have been assigned a mentor to meet with on a regular basis.
- Spiritual Coaching: All TMI facilitators are eligible to have coaching for spiritual growth. This program is a wonderful way to connect with an advanced Mussar teacher to work on issues that arise.
- Mussar Kallah XI: We are looking forward to seeing many Chevrah members at the Kallah. We are excited that this year there will be special programming for Chevrah members. The Kallah is a great way to create community with other Mussar group leaders while at the same time learning and furthering personal spiritual practice.
Please feel free to share your thoughts about the Chevrah program or ideas on how we can support you in community with TMI and with your spiritual growth as a Mussar practitioner and group leader. Please email the Chevrah council at email@example.com.
Chevrah Council members are Pam Rollins (chair), Rabbi Judith Edelstein, Rabbi Brett Isserow, Felice Joyce, Michele Jackman. Past member, Shelley Karell. Staff support, Shoshana Litman and Jeff Agron.
Help us keep our records updated.
Please notify us when you have a change of address, phone number and especially a new email.
Copyright 2013 © The Mussar Institute