- Level: Beginner
- Delivery: Self-Paced Distance Learning or Local On Site
- Learning Methods: Online Study & Practice, Guidance from a Moderator, Group Interaction, and Partner (Chevruta) Study
- Duration: 15 – 45 Weeks
This course is based on the book, Everyday Holiness by Alan Morinis. The course offers an accessible and flexible program of personal learning and practice, with individualized guidance and group interaction through a moderated forum. This comprehensive program provides the resources needed to come to a deeper understanding of the Mussar discipline and put its methods to work in your life for a lasting change. Learning and practicing Mussar requires guidance and support of a kind not easily found today.
“Every one of us is assigned to master something in our lives. You have already been given your assignment and you have already encountered it, though you may not be aware that what faces you is a curriculum, nor that this is the central task of your life.” From Everyday Holiness: The Jewish Spiritual Path of Mussar by Alan Morinis
Mussar is a centuries-old Jewish tradition that can help you develop inner awareness and bring about the transformation of your soul so that you can become the finest version of the person you already are. The goal is to fulfill the soul’s purpose: to love and to serve.
COURSE CONTENT, FORMAT and METHODS
Everyday Holiness consists of 15 online lessons covering 13 soul traits or middot. Self-paced, each lesson may be worked on for a minimum of one week and a suggested maximum of three weeks, which means the course will run from 15-45 weeks.
The text for the course is Everyday Holiness, by Alan Morinis. Each lesson consists of:
- Five elements discussing and expanding upon the text, including a supplementary reading from a classic Mussar text, links to other information and sites, audio teachings and video clips.
- Self-reflective exercises
- An online personal journal to guide you in integrating the conceptual material into your life and daily practices.
In addition, the course Everyday Holiness provides you with:
- If available, a learning partnership with one other person (chevruta) for the study and practice of Mussar texts and methods. Where possible, we will endeavor to provide learning partners who are senior students and who live in your locale. Special chevruta study materials are provided for each unit.
- An online Forum where you can correspond with the course community and where your questions, insights, problems, and thoughts can be posted for others to read, offer guidance and learning.
This course is self-paced and can begin at any time.
TMI Chaverim: $200. Non-Chaverim: $240.
COURSE REFUND POLICY
You may receive a 50% refund if you drop the course within the first month of your start date. You receive a 100% refund if you drop the course before the start date.
Contact us: email@example.com