Welcome to the all-new Middah a Month Mussar course with
- Flexible learning to support, sustain and ignite your Mussar learning and practice
- Customizable format, where you choose the middot you want to study
Who should take the Middah a Month program?
- Anyone interested in delving into the middot and furthering their Mussar learning
To design your customized course, select any or all of the following middot – and in any order
- Attentive listening/Shmiat HaOzen
- Equanimity/Menuchat Ha’Nefesh
- Gratitude/Hakarat Ha’Tov
You’ll receive monthly materials that will inspire, educate, and support you as you engage with Mussar in general, and with one trait in particular, each month.
- Texts from both modern and traditional Mussar sources
- Kabbalot for your daily Mussar practice
- Suggestions for your morning phrase/chant in English and Hebrew
- Short Mussar texts, artistic pieces and stories for each middah
- An essay from Rabbi Avi Fertig, Director of Mussar, to introduce each middah and ask key questions related to it
- A Mussar Quotations Document
- The Practice Corner with a discussion of practices related to the middah
- Traditional Mussar Texts with Study Questions
- Modern Mussar Texts and Essays
- Stories and Artistic Pieces
Can Groups Take Middah a Month?
This program is primarily intended for independent study and practice but can also be used by groups with a designated leader who has training in Mussar facilitation, a specific practice. If you need guidance using Middah a Month materials in a va’ad setting please consider taking our foundational training course, Yesod. To register a group, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When to Begin
You can begin Middah A Month at any time and will receive your first package around the first of the month following registration.
The materials for Middah A Month are sent on the first day of each month, unless that day is Shabbat or a holiday, commencing with the month after you first register.
Registration & Fees
The per student cost for the course is:
- $15 per middah
- $10 per middah if you sign up for one year. You get 12 middot for $120 per person
- If you have at least 10 students registering at the same time, then you will receive 12 middot for $90 per person. If you want to register a group, please do not register online. Contact the course administrator at email@example.com