Delivery: Independent study
Learning Methods: Online Study an Practice and optional Partner (Chevruta) Study (if available)
Duration: 15 – 45 Weeks (1-3 weeks per middah)Level: Beginner
Based on Everyday Holiness by Alan Morinis, Everyday Holiness is a course for personal learning and practice, with individualized guidance and group interaction available through a moderated online forum. This comprehensive course offers a deeper understanding of the Mussar discipline and put its methods to work in your life for a lasting change. Learning and practicing Mussar requires guidance and support of a kind not easily found today.
“Every one of us is assigned to master something in our lives. You have already been given your assignment and you have already encountered it, though you may not be aware that what faces you is a curriculum, nor that this is the central task of your life.” From Everyday Holiness: The Jewish Spiritual Path of Mussar by Alan Morinis
CONTENT, FORMAT, and METHODS
The course includes 15 online lessons covering 13 soul traits or middot. Self-paced, each lesson may be worked on for a minimum of one week and a suggested maximum of three weeks, which means the course will run from 15-45 weeks.
Each lesson consists of:
- Five elements discussing and expanding upon the text, including a supplementary reading from a classic Mussar text, links to other information and sites, audio teachings and video clips.
- Self-reflective exercises
- An online personal journal to guide you in integrating the conceptual material into your life and daily practices.
In addition, you’ll receive:
- If available, a learning partnership with one other person (chevruta) for the study and practice of Mussar texts and methods. Special chevruta study materials are provided for each unit.
- An online forum where you can correspond with the course community and where your questions, insights, problems, and thoughts can be posted for others to read, offer guidance and learning.
START DATE, TUITION, REFUNDS
This course is self-paced and can begin at any time.
TMI Chaverim: $200. Non-Chaverim: $240.
You may receive a 50% refund if you drop the course within the first month of your start date. You receive a 100% refund if you drop the course before the start date.