WHAT IS MUSSAR?
- Mussar is ancient Jewish wisdom that guides our thoughts and actions to help us grow spiritually, morally, and ethically.
- Mussar helps us overcome inner obstacles to becoming the best we can be.
- The Hebrew terms middot (plural) and middah (singular) throughout the program refer to the Jewish values of forgiveness, patience, friendship, trust, silence, responsibility, courage, generosity, and loving-kindness.
WHY MUSSAR FOR CHILDREN?
- Mussar for Children goes beyond awareness and learning about values to practicing, acting on, and incorporating them into daily life.
- Mussar for Children encourages balance, striving for neither too little nor too much of any given character trait.
- Mussar for Children results in values being internalized.
THE MAGIC OF MUSSAR
- Children interact with one another with more kindness and thoughtfulness.
- Children begin to celebrate the good in each other.
- Children internalize problem-solving skills rooted in ancient tradition.