Have you struggled to find a Jewish character-building curriculum without success?
This program is designed by experts in early childhood education and the ancient tradition of Mussar. It supports teachers and families in exploring values in a way that is natural and connected to Jewish holidays and other life-cycle events.
NATURAL FOR CHILDREN 4 - 8
Values, character traits, or soul traits are a natural part of daily life for young children. In classrooms, playgrounds, and homes, children encounter situations calling for forgiveness, patience, friendship, trust, silence, responsibility, courage, generosity, and kindness.
ACCESSIBLE FOR TEACHERS & FAMILIES
Staff and parents will find the hands-on learning experiences and guided discussions that make reinforcing these values delightful and easy.
WHAT IS MUSSAR?
- Mussar is ancient Jewish wisdom that guides our thoughts and actions to help us grow spiritually, morally, and ethically.
- Mussar helps us overcome inner obstacles to becoming the best we can be.
- The Hebrew terms middot (plural) and middah (singular) throughout the program refer to the Jewish values of forgiveness, patience, friendship, trust, silence, responsibility, courage, generosity, and loving-kindness.
WHY MUSSAR FOR CHILDREN?
- Mussar for Children goes beyond awareness and learning about values to practicing, acting on, and incorporating them into daily life.
- Mussar for Children encourages balance, striving for neither too little nor too much of any given character trait.
- Mussar for Children results in values being internalized.
WATCH THIS VIDEO FEATURING DR. ALAN MORINIS, FOUNDER
THE MAGIC OF MUSSAR
- Children interact with one another with more kindness and thoughtfulness.
- Children begin to celebrate the good in each other.
- Children internalize problem-solving skills rooted in ancient tradition.