Registration is now open for Kallah XVI – Scottsdale
Kallah XVI is different from all our past Kallot.
Here are 10 reasons to attend:
- We are honoring Alan Morinis, Founder of The Mussar Institute.
- Rabbi Amy Eilberg will join Rabbi Avi Fertig, Rabbi David Jaffe, and Rabbi Micha Berger (yes, back again!) as faculty.
- We are created In God’s Image and our theme will be B’Tzelem Elokim.
- We’ll explore the middot of:
Kavod – Honor (as we honor Alan.)
Manhigut – Leadership (what it means to be a leader and how we can all be leaders.)
Achrayut – Responsibility (what we need to do to become a leader in God’s image.)
Yirah – Awe (recognizing our enormous potential within and what we’re being called on to do.)
- Our new venue is Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort in warm and sunny Arizona.
- You will strengthen your Mussar practice.
- You will meet new spiritual partners on this spiritual journey.
- You will reconnect with past friends and spiritual partners.
- You will help grow and celebrate this dynamic Mussar community.
- You will take this Kallah experience with you to shape the rest of your life.
What is the annual Kallah? It is an international gathering and retreat for people who share a commitment to the inner work of Mussar. Attend if you are new to Mussar or have many years of experience. All are welcome.
Who leads the Kallah? This Kallah provides all with a rare opportunity to learn from an international faculty who are experts in their fields. They include Alan Morinis, Avi Fertig, Amy Eilberg, David Jaffe, and Micha Berger. See bios below.
What does the program entail? You’ll learn by in an experiential manner by listening to experts, sharing with other community members, and engaging with Mussar practices of meditation, chanting and more.
Dates: November 29, 2018, 5 PM – December 2, 2018 12 noon.
Location: The stunning Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort. Overlooking Camelback Mountain, the resort is just minutes from the airport. Plan to enjoy the fitness center, tennis courts, and sunshine in one of the resort-style swimming pools.
Meals: All meals, from dinner Thursday through breakfast Sunday, will be glatt kosher and fees are included in the program registration fee. For an extra fee, we will provide a to-go meal for Sunday lunch. Please indicate this and food requests on your registration form.
Fees: Registration fees include the program and food (glatt kosher) only. They do not include lodging. Please book your rooms directly with the hotel.
- Register by October 1: $795
- Register after October 1: $850
- Registration includes the program and food only. Hotel reservations must be made separately and are the responsibility of attendees.
Hotel Reservations: Unless you are commuting, all participants must make their own hotel reservations. Reserve rooms at 1-800-362-2779 and refer to Mussar Kallah XVI, or use this Embassy Suites Link. Obtain our reduced rate with this group code which expires November 6.
Group Rates: $155: 1-2 persons, $170: 3 persons, $185: 4 persons, Executive Suites: $205-235, plus tax.
Scholarships: Limited scholarship funds are available. For more information, contact Jeff Agron.
Pay It Forward: To help offset the cost for those who may need assistance, please consider making a donation to our Scholarship Fund.