Delivery: (1) Self-Paced Distance Learning, (2) Local On-Site
Learning Methods: Online Study & Practice, Guidance from a Moderator
Duration: 4 Sessions
What is a Taste of Mussar?
A 4-session course that introduces you to the study and practice of Mussar, developed by Dr. Alan Morinis, founder of The Mussar Institute. No prerequisites. Only English is required.
What is Mussar?
A thousand-year-old body of teachings and practices that provides distinctively Jewish answers to the questions we all ask about life. Mussar guides you in identifying your unique, personal path of spiritual growth and offers practices to assist you on your journey.
Taste of Mussar is a great fit for those who ask:
How can I live my life closer to my spiritual potential? How can I avoid making the same mistakes? Why do I cause pain to myself and those I love? What can I learn from those who lived before me?
What will you explore?
The anatomy of the soul, your personal soul curriculum, how to use that curriculum as the basis for personal growth, and how Mussar provides guidance. You’ll explore some of the middot, or traits of the soul. You will engage with readings from the teachings of Mussar masters and Mussar practices that touch the soul. Questions will provide you with opportunities for reflection to deepen the learning and application to your life.
What do people say about Taste of Mussar?
- I just want to say that this is FANTASTIC! I am getting so much out of it. I feel like I am sipping the most wonderful, aged, wood barrel wine. I will be sure to draw more from THIS well! Thank you! Thank you!
- The Taste of Mussar is a “School for the Soul.” That’s how I’ll be describing it to anyone I speak to about it. Amazing.
- It’s been a wonderful journey with you as a guide. I look forward to continuing work with Mussar. Have a wonder-filled week.
- I feel the same! Souls travel the distance! We are all beautiful souls!
- Love it, love it!!!! I already want to start promoting it to members of my community! Feels like I have discovered gold!
What course designs are available?
(1) Take the course online your own pace over a period of 4 weeks. This course is best for those who want more independent learning experience with some moderated discussions by a TMI facilitator. Courses begin monthly. You’ll be contacted with the specific start date. Tuition: TMI Chaverim: $36. Non-Chaverim: $44. REGISTER FOR ONLINE COURSE
(2) Start or join a local group to study online or via live video meetings with others in your setting. Contact us for more information at email@example.com.
What is the Refund Policy?
For those who withdraw prior to the first lesson: 100% refund. For withdrawal after the first lesson has been sent out: no refund. Anyone who withdraws and re-enrolls at a future time will be required to pay the full fee at the time of re-enrollment.