SEEKING EVERYDAY HOLINESS
A Community Program
Seeking Everyday Holiness was written in partnership between The Mussar Institute and The Union for Reform Judaism (URJ).
The Jewish tradition of Mussar offers the Jewish world a deep and rich experience of spirituality. In this introductory program, participants are brought into a deep exploration of the nine most important soul-traits or middot: humility, patience, order, equanimity, honor, truth, moderation, responsibility and trust. It is our consistent experience that the wisdom of Mussar helps people develop awareness and wisdom for living and often leads to spiritual transformation. The text is the inspiring book, Everyday Holiness, by Alan Morinis, Founder of The Mussar Institute. Based on the text, participants are guided through a weekly study of one middah. Through discussions in a safe, small group of like-minded seekers, led by a facilitator trained by The Mussar Institute, participants explore and create their own personal life curriculum.
To support your participant recruitment:
- Order our 4-week va'ad-based course, A Taste of Mussar, Here.
- Suggested Newsletter Text to insert in your newsletter or email blast
- Suggested 60-Minute Meeting to Introduce Seeking Everyday Holiness
We offer this program on a perpetual license with no per-participant fee. Purchase once and use as often as you wish. By purchasing the program materials, you agree not to re-sell or share to any individual or group outside of your congregation/organization, all materials are copyrighted by The Mussar Institute.
- Returning congregations/organizations (those who purchased a term-limited license in recent years) – $450 for materials/facilitator guide
- New congregations/organizations – $600 for materials/facilitator guide
- New congregations/organizations – $800 for materials/facilitator guide + Yesod foundational Mussar facilitator training program enrollment for 1 individual included (must be scheduled and completed prior to facilitating the program)
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, TMI no longer provides the text. We encourage you to have your participants purchase Everyday Holiness by Alan Morinis through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
This program is available for purchase by TMI-trained facilitators offering this program through their synagogue, JCC, or their personal LLC. Ownership of the perpetual license can be the organization or the individual. Trained facilitators must agree with their organization about who will own the license before purchasing.
Organizations who make a purchase without already having a TMI-trained facilitator can hire one by requesting the list of available facilitators from TMI and must contract with a facilitator for hire before receiving the program materials. Such organizations must arrange all logistics and payments directly with the facilitator for hire. To request the list, please email email@example.com.