Path of the Soul is an advanced-level Mussar course designed for people who have completed at least two years of Mussar study.
How do you recognize and follow the path of your soul? Only by answering profound questions—not in theory, but in the flesh of your life—can you discover and follow the track that leads to your most elevated spiritual destiny.
Path of the Soul is a curriculum for wholeness. Each of us has his or her own curriculum, though not everyone is aware that his or her life-course is a curriculum, nor engages with it consciously. This advanced program of Jewish education and practice helps you recognize your own personal curriculum and provides you with the tools needed to follow that curriculum or grow toward wholeness. Along the way, you’ll uncover stages, levels, dynamics, and pitfalls on your path and use Mussar’s wisdom to guide a wise and successful traverse of this path. You’ll engage in several introductory teachings and then study:
Path of the Soul I Themes and Middot:
- Our Duty in the World
Path of Soul II Themes and Middot:
- Fear of Sin
An engaged participant in Path of the Soul will come away with:
- A clear understanding of Mussar teachings that describe and light the path of the soul.
- New insight into their own personal spiritual curriculum.
- Tools and practices to help guide his or her soul’s journey.
- A new depth of spiritual maturity.
- Text: Path of the Just (Mesillas Yesharim) by Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto.
- A peer support group (face-to-face or zoom.)
- Accounting of the soul (cheshbon ha’nefesh) with worksheets for a cheshbon ha’nefesh diary.
- Chevruta study partner with text and study materials.
- Va’ad of 6-8 people alternating weekly with chevruta sessions.
- Process reports mid-way and at the end of the program to complete with the help of your facilitator.
This course is appropriate for people with a minimum of two years of Mussar va’ad-based study.
DATES AND TIMES
Path of the Soul Part I is currently in session and will open again in the Fall pending interest.
Ongoing va’adim heading into Path of the Soul Part II will be notified when it is time to register for Part II.
Path of the Soul is 29 sessions (lessons) in two parts. People who take the first part may opt to continue for the second, but no one can start with the second part.
Non-Chaverim Tier 1 – $385 per part
Non-Chaverim Tier 2 – $329 per part
Non-Chaverim Tier 3 – $231 per part
Chaverim members enjoy a 15% discount off of course pricing. Members, please select the Chaverim rate of your choice on your registration form, membership will be verified before your enrollment is secured for the course.